Dr. Gregory C Goodear Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory C Goodear?

1st colonoscopy and pleasantly surprised with everything

My 1st colonoscopy and like most people I was nervous about it - the prep, the procedure, the outcome, and how I would feel afterwards, etc. It was surprisingly fast, easy, and painless. The prep was very easy and no bad tasting liquid to drink. Dr. Goodear had me take Osmoprep pills and I took them per the instructions with plenty of liquids (sugar free lemonade.) I was able to eat normal food the days leading up to the procedure - burgers, chicken, white pasta, green beans, etc. (just no high fiber, seeds, or nuts.) I was able to eat solid food until 3pm the day before the procedure, then just liquid only from then until the next morning. Basically I just substituted chicken broth and jello for dinner and then no breakfast. The staff was friendly and professional and I had less than a 5 minute wait before heading back. There was a brief question and answer session with a nurse to verify any meds or allergies and then she took my blood pressure and put in an IV for the anesthesia. I barely felt her put the IV in - I was impressed. Then within a few minutes I was wheeled back into the procedure room. Seemed very state of the art with a large HD TV that the Dr. uses for viewing and magnification during the procedure and the room and equipment were very clean and modern. The anesthesia was quick and painless and I was out in less than a minute. Next thing I know I woke up and it was all done (seemed instant, but was about 30-40 minutes later.) The Dr. had a printout for me with color pictures showing everything he checked during the procedure. He removed one tiny polyp and everything else was perfect. I'm 42 and had a family history, so I was very glad I got it done. I got a ride home and went out for a normal lunch and enjoyed the rest of my day. Appointment was at 11am and I was done and leaving by 12:20pm. There were no post procedure issues or discomfort at all. If it weren’t for the results document and pictures - I wouldn’t have even known I went. I don't have to go again for 5 years, but I definitely won't be worried about it next time. Overall pleasantly surprised on everything. Easy prep, painless and quick procedure, professional and friendly staff, and an experienced Dr. who has done this thousands times. Highly recommended!

Compassionate and quick

I set up my appointment with Dr. Goodear not knowing what was causing my trouble with swallowing. He gave me some reassurance but felt an endoscopy would be helpful. After the procedure he explained the findings, made sure I was comfortable, and checked in on me as I waited for my ride to come and pick me up. I was relieved to get answers to my questions and to have the pathology results given to me in a timely manner.

Dr. Gregory C Goodear is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Charleston, SC.