Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory C Greaney
Dr. Gregory C Greaney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA, with another office in Santa Barbara, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Greaney is affiliated with Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. Dr. Greaney has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory C Greaney has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Gregory C Greaney has the following 11 expertise
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Gregory C Greaney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gregory C Greaney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
My sister had an appointment yesterday as she was referred to Dr. Gregory Greaney MD for his specialty in Colon and Rectal Surgery. My sister called me and was so upset as to the way her and her husband were treated. Dr. Gregory Greaney MD was very rude and had zero compassion for both my sister and brother-n-law. They drove over an hour to seek out medical advise, since he came highly recommended. While the front office staff greeted them with professionalism, the Doctor was polar opposite as he entered the room he was very rude and callous. Instead of discussing possible options, he pretty much told them "why are you here and what do you want to do" , as if they had any medical training. For any cancer survivor to endure this kind of treatment is unethical and unacceptable. My sister went there with a positive attitude and hopefulness and left with no solutions, hopelessness and devastation.
Dr, Greaney operated on naval and abdominal hernias. He failed at both. My abdominal hernia had to be redone by another surgeon and I am still on pain from the botched naval hernia repair. When confronted with his errors he walked out of the exam room shouting for another surgeon. Steer clear of this doctor.
In scheudling my surgery for hemorrhoids, the surgery scheduler had the wrong type of surgery scheduled. Then, as the day approached, I needed to reschedule due to having a bad infectious cold. The surgery scheduler promptly set up a date for today. I called her two days ago to confirm that she had received my paperwork and we were all set for today, and she confirmed that over the phone. When I got to the surgery center today, they had no record of my surgery scheduled, and had no room to accomodate me for today. The scheduler had forgotten to finalize the schedule. Both my wife and I took a day off from work just for this purpose, and we live more than an hour away from this surgery center, not to mention the fact that I was up early this morning giving myself the required enemas for the surgery and had not eaten since 6 pm the night before. In addition, the Sansum clinic that Dr. Greaney is a part of tried to bill be for $196 that was not allowed by my insurance, which I had to spend half an hour on the phone with my insurance to get corrected. This is the worst experience I have ever had with an administrative staff of a medical office, and everyone involved should be reprimanded. Dr. Greaney is a wonderful doctor and deserves better administrative support.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Greaney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1981
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Gregory C Greaney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gregory C Greaney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.