Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory H Johnson
Dr. Gregory H Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Los Robles Hospital. Dr. Johnson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory H Johnson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gregory H Johnson has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Gregory H Johnson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gregory H Johnson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Had seen him a few times, and noticed he had a huge ego/God complex. I was willing to overlook it, since he seemed competent. I went to see him for a specific problem, for which he said he needed to see what was happening. He performed a colonoscopy, and never bothered to follow-up with me, or tell me what the problem was. The problem persisted, and I had to find another doctor. Got right to the bottom of it (no pun intended), and had the issue resolved. When I asked to have Johnson return my calls, I never heard from him.
Dr. Johnson should go take a class on how to talk to patients, when discussing tests he will order. He is abrupt, making it obvious he just wants you to get out of the office and do the tests. He does not discuss the results with the patient, but rather has the front office call you. Any questions you have go back to the doctor and another call made to the patient. He is abrupt and borderline arrogant. He may have an excellent reputation, but his mannerism is lacking caring. I also had my records faxed to another doctor who hopefully will spend time discussing my test results with me personally.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Gregory H Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsGregory H Johnson Md Inc, 227 W Janss Rd Ste 215, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Gregory H Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.