Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory H Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Chronic Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Acute Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Spinal Stenosis
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
First met with him he was great, listened explained everything. however each time we went in the visit times were rushed and all he wanted to do was give injections. when he wanted to try a new treatement, insuranace would not approve right away. they called at the last minute to cancel and not reschedule we pushed to have appointment anyhow to talk to him about options. he didnt seem to want to talk about them and did local shots. He said he would have a pier to pier review with insurance. We set up another appointment. insurance declined again. the office called at last minute to cancel we insisted on keeping the appointment to speak with him about options. We go there and I asked about the pier to pier and he said he never said that but would do it this time as insurance declined. Im not in medical field so would not have known that terminalogy so he obviously dropped the ball. His office was supposed to call back and set up an appointment once he has the pier to pier. they never called. Dont expect service her of any kind. The receptionist her are rude and you can ask questions over the phone you have to leave a message and they will call back goood luck.
Dr. Greg Smith is a very competent, excellent doctor. He has given me outstanding care in a very compassionate manner. He gives me all the time necessary to explain how I am feeling and never makes you feel rushed. I recommend his care and feel 100% confident in his care.
35 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Gregory H Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory H Smith in this video.
Dr. Gregory H Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.