Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory A Holmes has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have been a patient of Dr Holmes for several yrs and even though I moved back to Ashland I cont to see Dr Holmes. He is very respectful of his patients, He has great bed side manner and doesn't rush his patients through like cattle and I have seen Drs do this. He explains things to you and always has a smile on his face. I recommend him to people all the time. He is great and knows what he is doing as a Dr
Dr. Holmes is an amazing doctor. All my life I have switched back and forth not able to find a doctor that i felt comfortable with or that treated me like person instead of a number. I reccomend him to all of my friends and family. He took time to figure out my problem and then worked to fix it in a very speedy manor. I love this doctor!
Sometimes the wait in the waiting room was lengthy for me but worth it when he spent the amount of time listening to me that he did. I have since left the area and my doctor now doesn't take nearly the amount of time to listen to his patients. I would change but doctors like Dr. Holmes are the exception and not the rule. I only used Dr. Holmes for a short period of time before I moved but was really impressed with his bedside manner and willingness to order tests based on what he heard. I never got the feeling he was trying to get kickbacks for not ordering tests like my doctor does now.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
27 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Gregory A Holmes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChristiana Care Smyrna Family Medicine, 100 S Main St Ste 207, Smyrna, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory A Holmes in this video.
Dr. Gregory A Holmes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smyrna, DE.