Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory Horner
Dr. Gregory Horner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pleasanton, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Horner is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Horner has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory Horner has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
Worst doctor Iâve EVER been to. I went in about a lump in my wrist. At the first visit, I waited an hour. When he finally got in the room, he poked the lump in my wrist, and said, âI donât think thatâs a ganglion cyst. We need an MRI,â and left. The visit lasted less than 3 minutes. I thought, âWow, heâs really begin thorough.â I didnât realize at the time it was his way of getting through patients quickly and racking up more visits. The MRI cost us $300 out of pocket (plus $20 each visit). The second visit, I waited over an hour, only to learn that they couldnât find any MRI results. It hadnât even been read! He shrugged and said, âWeâll just give it a cortisone injection.â I told him I didnât want an injection without knowing what the lump was, and he said, âWe would treat it with cortisone regardless.â So why the expense of the MRI?! Iâd had cortisone injections before, and they were no big deal; I just didnât cortisone without knowing what we were dealing with. As I was telling him I didnât want a cortisone injection, he became impatient, grabbed my hand and jabbed the cortisone in. It was the most painful injection Iâve ever had. Pain shot up my arm and down my fingers. It was a full three days before I could even use my hand. A week later, my hand is still bruised and sore. After the injection, he said, âSchedule another appointment in six weeksâ and he walked out. Dr. Horner is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He is incompetent, impatient, and uncaringâand yet, somehow in spite all those negatives, he is extremely arrogant. That is a very dangerous combination. STAY AWAY!
Dr. Horner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
New England Medical Center
Dr. Gregory Horner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTri Valley Orthopedic Specialists, 4626 Willow Rd, Pleasanton, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory Horner in this video.
Dr. Gregory Horner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pleasanton, CA.