Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory Hoy
Dr. Gregory Hoy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hertford, NC, with another office in Concord, NC. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Hoy is affiliated with HealthPark Medical Center, Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center and Gulf Coast Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory Hoy has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Gregory Hoy has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Gregory Hoy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Hoy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
HealthPark Medical Center
Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center
Gulf Coast Hospital
Cape Coral Hospital
HealthPark Medical Center-Lee Memorial
Lee Memorial Hospital-Healthpark
42 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1971
Ohio State University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory Hoy in this video.
Dr. Gregory Hoy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hertford, NC.