Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory J Joy
Dr. Gregory J Joy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Viejo, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Joy is affiliated with Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory J Joy has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
I have been going to Dr. Joy for years; he is very easy to talk to, takes time to listen, and has always provided excellent care and advice. Yes, I often have to wait longer than I'd like, even with an appointment, but it's worth it.
My daughter called the office and asked how much it would cost to see the doctor. Staff said From $80 and up depending on what he does & what tests are done. I get a ride to your office fill out all the paperwork. I said I just want to make sure the price starts at $80 and depending on what is done price will go up? She says no. Established patients are $80 not new patients. I spoke to the office manager who had been listening to the conversation. I told her it was very misleading and I was very unhappy. She just kept making excuses and so I left your office sick and unseen by a doctor.Tell me, do you just hire anyone off of the street and title them office manager?
Dr. Joy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Gregory J Joy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOso Family Medical Group & Urgent Care, 26922 Oso Pkwy Ste 380, Mission Viejo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory J Joy in this video.
Dr. Gregory J Joy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.