Dr. Gregory Ellison Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Ellison?

Ten Years Later...

Posted on July 1st, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Ellison for 10 years now, but will not be going back due to poor office management, inconsistent patient care, antiquated hand-record keeping, and terrible phone service. If this had occurred only once or twice, I could have been accepting of it. Dr. Ellison has a very frequent turnover of his nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and office staff, causing inconsistency. He has had some excellent and caring NPHs who are no longer there. Hmm...wonder why. Dr. Ellison's level of care varies from appt. to appt. Sometimes he listens, other times he does not. Sometimes he seems hyper, other times, focused. He generally wants to prescribe compounded meds or newer brand-name meds that are not generic, and are expensive. His office consistently says they have not received faxes from my pharmacy, when I know they were sent several times. I have delayed changing physicians but, unfortunately, it is now time. Goodbye, Dr. Ellison. I should have left long ago.

Posted on June 15th, 2016

Horrible, the staff is the worst! Don't call you back and PA looks like she just walked off the street and is the rudest person I have ever met in my life. RUN from here!!!!!!!

Appointment

Posted on January 6th, 2016

I tried to make an appointment, they told me they could not help me without proper insurance? Click!

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Ellison for over 20 years with all family members. No complaints with him but some staffing issues which I spoke with him personally and he addressed before my next visit. patients are important to him.

Posted on August 22nd, 2015

great doctor, listens when you talk

HIGHLY recommend any other office.

Posted on July 29th, 2015

I woke that day with my left hand not being able to move at all, no other signs of stroke and I had the appointment in a few hours. I started going there for addiction/detox. After that was very quickly discussed I asked the PA (who was rude and I never learned her name) something like, "I can't move my left hand at all since I woke up, is there anything you can do?" She then asked if they're my primary care office and when I said no she told me just stretch it. A hand that I'm not able to move AT ALL, a doctor's advice is to stretch it, don't bother with the ER or anything. Ended up going to the ER after that and it was a pinched nerve. They took a urine analysis and sent it to a lab in Oklahoma (which was never mentioned to me) to be analyzed, which wasn't covered by my insurance. I thought the office claimed it had its own lab but if I'm wrong, there are plenty of labs in the Phoenix metro area. Why would it be sent to an Oklahoma lab.....? Very unprofessional business practices , rude staff including the medical team, that want you in and out as quick as possible.

24 years and counting

Posted on January 19th, 2015

I have been going to dr Ellison since I was an infant and since I started junior high I haven't seen him just his assistant doc witch is not that bad because both ones he has had have been great

Posted on October 17th, 2014

I think this Doctor is great !!!!! He has got me off pain meds more than once. He is now my full time Doctor. The best I have ever seen. THANKS Dr. Ellison

Extremely unreliable drug pusher

Posted on August 30th, 2014

I got to vising this office 3 times. My first visit was quite pleasant. I was there for shoulder pain. The doctor gave me some meds, Lyrica, and ordered some tests. My second visit, Dr Ellison gave me Norco 7.5 for my pain, 6 per day, for 2 months, and another supply after that.Then, he cut me off. I could not get a prompt appointment. I called several times, and asked for a call back. I wanted to get of Norco. I never got a call. Just excuses. Over and over. I complained. to no avail. I was going through serious withdrawal, and all I could get was to make an appointment. 1 -2 weeks. Withdrawal? HELLO!! This Dr could care less about his patients. Not even an apology. You know, we are really busy. I hope not for long

Shocking reviews!

Posted on July 29th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Ellison for well over 20 years. I went online just now to look for his fax number so I can ensure delivery of blood test results before my appointment today. I saw this patient ratings board and clicked on it and am shocked at how may poor comments were made about this practice. Dr. Ellison is a fantastic physician that is almost a one stop shop. He is very cautious with the administration of controlled substances and has a great bedside manner. His front office staff can be short but not unpleasant, they are busy like any successful practice that has been around for decades. He has been my general practitioner for ever and wouldn't go anywhere else. Keep in mind when people write these reviews. When someone is pleased with their service, they almost never log on and write a review. When someone has a bad experience, they go out of their way to complain about their experience. I'm sure if all happy patients were to write a review this list would go on for pages, J.

Such a bad dr and office does not care if you live or die

Posted on March 27th, 2014

Omg there office staff is so rude I called them saying I really need to be seen i have an opiate and Xanax addiction and the lady was like we talked about this before you have had to many no shows and he won't see you. So I said how many no shows she's like I can't see that information it just says you have to many. I was like how can I have to many no shows if I haven't been seen in over 4 years she said because I just can't. I was like are you sure my brother isn't the one with the no shows and she was like nope it says you. Then I said you said to me last week you would ask the dr if I could be seen and obviously you haven't and she was like let me get the office manager then the office manager said the same thing. After that I was like well do you know any other good dr who will help me and she was like no go online and find them yourself like are you kidding me? I would recommend them to no one do not go to this office!!!!

Posted on August 7th, 2013

There was a woman working at the office window whom goes by the name of Jackie. She was very brash and ran me out of the office as a new patient.