Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory R Mack
Dr. Gregory R Mack, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand and Surgery. Dr. Mack is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital and Scripps Mercy Hospital. Dr. Mack has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory R Mack has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Gregory R Mack has the following 4 expertise
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Gregory R Mack has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gregory R Mack is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Mack is a highly skilled, very professional, thorough and caring Doctor. He did surgery for a carpal tunnel problem in 2011 and I regained 100% full usage of the hand thereafter. I am now going to see him for a trigger finger condition and feel secure in the knowledge that he knows what he is doing and is excellent at what he does. I highly recommend him and his staff.
The wait-time is a bit longer, but Dr.Mack is such a great Doctor he has many patients to schedule into each day. However, he is so good at what he does it is well worth the wait time, both in scheduling the date and when you are in his office, waiting for him to see you. I highly recommend this Doctor!
I had to wait a little longer in the waiting room than I would have liked. However, the waiting room was clean and new, so it could have been much worse. Of course, once I saw Dr. Mack, I realized why it must have the wait might have been a little longer than normal. HE ACTUALLY SPENDS TIME WITH HIS PATIENTS, even if he is running a little behind. How refreshing to actually go to a doctor who seems to care more about treating and properly caring for his patients than just getting them in and out and collecting the fees. Dr. Mack is a true professional, who has a lot of experience and who stands head and shoulders above other doctors I have seen. There is no doubt in my mind that any problem I have with my hands or arms, I will be bringing it to Dr. Mack. Thanks Dr. Mack for restoring my hope in doctors today!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mack is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Gregory R Mack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSan Diego Hand Specialists, 8008 Frost St Ste 403, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory R Mack in this video.
Dr. Gregory R Mack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.