Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gregory F Michaud has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gregory F Michaud has the following 13 expertise
- Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia
- Fainting (Syncope)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Catheter Ablation
- Heart Block
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Gregory F Michaud has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 9
HE IS GREAT MAN AND HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING,HE SPENT 10 HOUR IN THE EP LAB TRYING TO FIX THE SVT,AND THAN I WENT IN TO A 3 DEGREE HEART BLOCK AND HE PUT A PACER IN....I WOULD RECOMMEN THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE.....AND VANDERBILT HOSPITAL IS GREAT THE 7 AND 8 FLOOR THE NURSES IS GREAT.....THANKS FOR EVERTHING YOU GUYS HAS DONE FOR ME!!!!!!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center East, 1215 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory F Michaud, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Nashville, TN, in this video.
Dr. Gregory F Michaud is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.