Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory E Mumm has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This doctor treated me like I was wasting his time. I waited over 6 months for an appointment and he questioned why my family physician did not feel comfortable diagnosing Fibromyalgia. He told me to excercise and to see my family physician. If I could have rated him less than one star, I would have.
Dr. Mumm read my chart from a visit to another Dr. over 10 years ago and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia from across the room. He did this purely from the old record with no exam at all. I was in and out within minutes with no offer of treatment suggestions at all. Note: I do not have fibromyalgia. I have wide spread arthritis.
I would like to save that I will never see Dr Mumm again. He fefused to listen. Discounted his own labs results. The then advised to get off all meds and do 30 min of aerobic exercise daily. Mind you I can in on a knee cart with a boot on He read none of the paperwork I provided I left feeling like,my questions were not answered. I had to call three days after the results were posted and when the
I saw multiple doctors and struggled to find a diagnosis. I was in a lot of pain and suffering for quite a while until I met Dr. Mumm. He is very intelligent and diagnosed my rare disease very quickly. In the office I have found him to be very thorough, a great listener, and he values your input. He truly cares. I even got a phone call from him personally regarding my treatment. I've never had a doctor directly call me before.
14 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Gregory E Mumm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAvera Medical Group Rheumatology, 1301 S Cliff Ave Ste 300, Sioux Falls, SD
Dr. Gregory E Mumm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.