Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gregory A Schierer has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Gregory A Schierer has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Gregory A Schierer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 14
I had an episode of severe acute knee pain but had a history of knee degeneration and intermittent mild pain. X-rays were taken and Dr. Sceirer looked at the films and announced, "This is the kind of knee that gets replaced." He never touched my knee, examine my knee, or had me moved my knee. I was immediately irritated. Then he indicated I could get a knee replacement or take an anti-inflammatory Rx or just Alleve. No offer of physical therapy or anything else. Just replacement or Alleve. So now it's 4 years later and no knee replacement. My knee is cranky once in awhile but I can still walk a mile and ride my bike. Probably I will have a replacement someday, but I will consult with a surgeon who actually examines my knee.
Dr. Shierer was very rude and at some points condescending. Every time I tried to talk he interrupted me. He claimed my MCL was not torn even though my MRI said it was, and didn't offer to do anything else to be sure, he only went on how it felt when he moved my leg around. I double checked my MRI results and called the office to let them know I wanted to make sure we got on the same page about it before repairing my ACL, and no one called me back.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Gregory A Schierer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO