Dr. Gregory A Schierer Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Gregory A Schierer?

Took history but no hands on exam

I had an episode of severe acute knee pain but had a history of knee degeneration and intermittent mild pain. X-rays were taken and Dr. Sceirer looked at the films and announced, "This is the kind of knee that gets replaced." He never touched my knee, examine my knee, or had me moved my knee. I was immediately irritated. Then he indicated I could get a knee replacement or take an anti-inflammatory Rx or just Alleve. No offer of physical therapy or anything else. Just replacement or Alleve. So now it's 4 years later and no knee replacement. My knee is cranky once in awhile but I can still walk a mile and ride my bike. Probably I will have a replacement someday, but I will consult with a surgeon who actually examines my knee.

He didn't listen to me. He didn't look at the x-ray or the x-ray report. I will never go there again.

Dr. Shierer was very rude and at some points condescending. Every time I tried to talk he interrupted me. He claimed my MCL was not torn even though my MRI said it was, and didn't offer to do anything else to be sure, he only went on how it felt when he moved my leg around. I double checked my MRI results and called the office to let them know I wanted to make sure we got on the same page about it before repairing my ACL, and no one called me back.