- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory J Schmeling
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI, with another office in Milwaukee, WI. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Trauma Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Schmeling is affiliated with Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Aurora West Allis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling has 2 locations
9200 W Wisconsin Ave Fl 5
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Book Online Now
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling has the following 2 specialties
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling has the following 5 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Internal Fracture Fixation
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory J Schmeling - Posted on August 16th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory J Schmeling - Posted on December 19th, 2013
I suffered a fractured calcaneal bone. Dr. Schmeling was very matter of fact about the injury and prognosis. I asked if I would be able to run again and he told me the odds were very slim if I had corrective surgery and zero if I did not. All I can say is he is a very gifted surgeon because less than 4 months after surgery I am running on a treadmill and will compete in a 5k before the end of the month. I followed his instructions to a tee and can say the results have exceeded my wildest expectations.
Lower leg amputation
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory J Schmeling - Posted on May 12th, 2013
Full of himself, obnoxious, acts like he doesn't care. lack of in depth visual examination, denied nerve pain medication and would rather have patient suffer, needs aggressive communication to rehab dept.for prompt therapy to receive prosthetic , does not listen and tells patient how they feel after traumatic experience, refused MRI of injured remaining leg, does not finish the job. Impossible to contact regarding serious concerns/questions. More interested in having students trip over him. Froedtert in general is a nightmare.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory J Schmeling - Posted on May 10th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory J Schmeling - Posted on October 6th, 2011
My daughter broke her leg and was treated by Dr Schmeling. He was very detailed in the procedure information and very caring. He tried his best to get her up and walking for her graduation a few weeks later. His staff was also wonderful. If you have to have something like this happen, Dr Schmeling and his team are the right choice to "fix" the problem.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Schmeling is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1984
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory J Schmeling, MD - Trauma Surgery in Milwaukee, WI, in this video.
Dr. Gregory J Schmeling is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.