Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory A Seeger has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Seeger, psychiatrist and neurologist, has treated me for severe depression and the rampant fear and suffering of a pervasive panic/anxiety disorder for well over a decade. He has succeeded where well over a dozen of his peers in Rochester, NY and Boston, MA completely failed. His diagnostic ability and combination of "talk therapy" and his extraordinary expertise in psycho-pharmacology are life altering in positive ways, His empathy and real concern, along with over 30 years of experience and "quick" results, rapidly came together in the successful treatment of disorders that nearly destroyed my life, on a daily basis, for over 40 years. He has completely controlled and successfully treated a horrifying and rampant anxiety disorder and related episodes and attacks, and controlled deep depression, (this despite mitigating factors of extreme chronic pain for a decade from severe spinal injuries and Rheumatoid Arthritis that is "off the charts"). He "rescued" all areas of my life, personal and professional, and added some quality into my life. Dr. Seeger's success engenders optimism and hope. I would very strongly recommend him to any person suffering from emotional or mental illness with no hesitation and complete confidence. He is a great physician and a great man.
43 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Gregory A Seeger accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gregory A Seeger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Penfield, NY.