Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory S Sheff has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gregory S Sheff has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Gregory S Sheff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
At first, Dr Greg Sheff was open, no agenda, seemed happy at just being able to provide health care. Since he got himself propelled into the high reaches of management, he's lost his human touch, seemingly forgetting the reason he became a doctor. In earlier years, he regaled us with stories of providing health care in Central America during his vacations. Now, it's all about his newfound importance, his trips to the White House. "Patients? What Patients?" Seem to be the result of Dr. Sheff's career shift.
I've been going to Dr. Sheff for a few years now and I really like how you can tell he has his patients best interest at heart. He's called me (himself, not the nurse) with follow-up questions and further discussion. Major drawback is that he's gotten so popular, I can't seem to schedule a check-up with him. Also, given the ARC structure (efficiency is very important at ARC), he does seem rushed sometimes.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sheff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Gregory S Sheff accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- FirstCare PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsAustin Regional Clinic, 1807 W Slaughter Ln Ste 490, Austin, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory S Sheff in this video.
Dr. Gregory S Sheff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.