Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory R Szlyk has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Informatics
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Had prostate biopsy. Very competent. Follow up visit for results scheduled one week later. Had to be last appointment of the day so there was time to discuss results. At appointment he walked in, told me news was bad and that I had prostate cancer. Then he gave me a copy of my biopsy results, gave me literature listing some web sites and told me to schedule bone and CT scans and come back and we'd discuss the options. I had lots of questions but he was obviously in a hurry. Since I couldn't come back for a month as I was heading out of the country for one month he said I could call and get the results of my scans. I called 4 times and never got a return call. As an aside I could NEVER get a call to the office with at least 5 and sometimes 20 minutes of hold time. On one occasion they turned the switch board off 8 minutes before office quitting time. One time a nurse did call to tell me he was out of the office that day and I said it was not a problem and he could call the next day. He never called. I ultimately made an appointment at Johns Hopkins and had amazingly better patient care. Was never rushed. Phone calls and emails promptly returned. After that experience I canceled my appointment with Szlyk because I realized I would never use him for surgery. When I canceled they asked when I wanted to reschedule. I said there was no reason. Only then did he call.
21 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Gregory R Szlyk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrology Associates Of Fredericksburg, 1051 Care Way, Fredericksburg, VA
Dr. Gregory R Szlyk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.