Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jon G Thomas
Dr. Jon G Thomas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Council Bluffs, IA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs, Methodist Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hospital and Alegent Health Community Memorial Hospital. Dr. Thomas has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jon G Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Diabetes Complications
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
DR, Gregory Thomas never knows what your there to see him for. He has been my Doctor for 20+ years and his ability to preform as a doctor is terrible. I have been billed for full physicals and he never touched me. Most of all he see you about 7 min,,, He can no longer keep his patients needs straight. Example : I have been on the same meds for 20 years and he now refuses to fill them. He says they will not allow him.. Please tell me who they are??? Its all rush, rush, rush. NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR THERE WAS A TIME WHEN HE WAS A GOOD DOCTOR, BUT NOW HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF ANY OF HIS PATIENTS.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Broadlawns Medical Center
Dr. Jon G Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlegent Creighton Clinic, 3135 W Broadway, Council Bluffs, IA
Dr. Jon G Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Council Bluffs, IA.