Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory V West has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gregory V West has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Gregory V West has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I am a disabled veteran. My last doctor (who I shall not name) was not very cooperative working with my VA doctor and my health issues. I began looking for a new doctor and was recommended to Dr West through my insurance. He is awesome! He quickly got on board with my VA doctors, and collaborates with them to make sure all of my health needs are being met. He helped me get my meds straightened out, found a couple that work better than what I was using and after about 6 months of adjusting, I was finally able to go in for my 3 month review and tell him I was doing great! He always takes at least 30 min to talk with me and often ends up going almost an hour. My appts are always on time and prompt. I hardly ever sit long enough after checking in to bother picking up a book. If I need to schedule an appt outside of the normal 3 month check ins, I can always go on line and pick what time is best for me, with prompt response from his staff, Or if time is tight, I can call in and have never had to wait long to be seen. I must say, at 42, I have finally found the best doctor I have ever had! My husband also sees Dr West, and will confirm that he is an awesome doctor. Treats him fairly and doesnt play favorites. (his last doctor was partial to women...told him to just take tylenol for knee pain after surgery.] If you are looking for an awesome doctor who doesnt pull punches and is openly friendly while also being professional...Dr West is your Doc!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
23 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Gregory V West accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsDiagnostic Clinic, 3800 S National Ave Ste 600, Springfield, MO
Dr. Gregory V West is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.