Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory W Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gregory W Smith has the following 5 expertise
- Brain Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
Dr. Gregory W Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Smith did not seem to care about my mother at all during her first office appointment with him, after she had been diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. He did not touch her to examine her, or even bother to ask how she was. She also had an infection in her port and Dr. Smith or his staff did not notice. She died prematurely due to this infection because it spread to her bloodstream and caused sepsis. She died only 1 month after being diagnosed with lung cancer. She had done a round of chemo at the cancer center and no one seemed to notice her infection even when they were using her port. Her tumors had actually shrunk in size after her chemo but she died due to the negligence of this horrible doctor and his staff not paying attention to their patient.
44 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Gregory W Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWestview Medical Campus, 3630 Guion Rd, Indianapolis, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory W Smith in this video.
Dr. Gregory W Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.