Dr. Gretchen A Sander Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Gretchen A Sander?

When I first saw Dr. Sander I really liked her, she was very enthusiastic and upbeat with my children, however, once I had a real issue with my youngest child everything went downhill. My child had a cow's milk protein allergy that was causing her to be fussy, constipated, and to spit up all the time. The fussiness was during and right after eating. Constipation was constant. My husband and I had to move our child's legs in a bicycle motion, soak her in warm baths, massage her belly, and give her suppositories just to get her to have a BM. When it finally came out it was full of blood, quarter sized in diameter, and literally solid as a rock. Dr. Sander initailly said that she had reflux and put my child on Zantac, when the constipation persisted, Dr. Sander said that it was caused by the Zantac, despite me reminding her that the constipation had started before she was on Zantac. She tried to tell me that the Zantac just made it worse, which wasn't the case, the constipation never got worse, it was constant. The laxative worked sporadically, but the fussiness and spitting up still remained. Dr. Sander then had me switch from Similac Advance formula to Enfamil Gentlease because she wanted to "try something different". Only Dr. Stahl later explained to me that Gentlease is a reduced lactose formula for babies who are lactose intolerant. When the symptoms still remained after switching formulas, Dr. Sander threw in the towel and told me that I "just have a fussy baby"!!! Turn's out soy formula fixed everything, and she's no longer a "fussy baby"! Imagine that!I also asked Dr. Sander to recommend a place or give me some tips for getting my daughter's ears pierced when she was 4 months old. She told me that she didn't believe in piercing a child's ears until they could make the decision for themselves (apparently there are a lot of little girls out there that DON'T want there ears pierced!). When I told her that I wasn't asking for permission, just some knowledgeable information I was completely disregarded and she walked out of the room laughing!I will never use Dr. Sander again! She is condescending, and rude. I need a pediatrician to diagnose the medical needs of my children, not my parenting techniques!

Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Gretchen A Sander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Collinsville, IL.