The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Gretchen Vanderbeek
Gretchen Vanderbeek, M.D. is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Dermatology. Gretchen Vanderbeek is affiliated with Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center, Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center and Providence Medford Medical Center.
Gretchen Vanderbeek has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
I just wanted to say that I saw Dr. Vanderbeek for the first time a few weeks ago and she was very kind and really took the time to teach me about my skin problem. I had seen another doctor about it before and for sure learned way more from Dr. Vanderbeek. I would definitely see her again in the future.
Dr. Vanderbeek is a fantastic doctor. She make me very comfortable from the second she walked in the door. She listened to my questions and answered them thoughtfully. My last doctor ignored my concerns and sent me on my way. Dr Vanderbeek ran tests and asked questions.... turns out my concerns were warranted.
Vanderbeek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Oregon Health & Science University
Gretchen Vanderbeek accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Associates, 10215 SW Hall Boulevard , Portland, OR
Gretchen Vanderbeek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.