Dr. Gretel E Honis Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gretel E Honis?

Refused to treat infection without expensive CAT scan

I had a recurring diverticulitis infection that had been going on for 4 days (temp of 99-degree, no pain),so I figured I would get antibiotics-- couldn't get through to my regular doctor so went to the ER. She refused to prescribe antibiotics for the infection unless I agreed to a CAT scan. I have a high deductible and cannot afford a CAT scan right now. And why? My records showed my diverticulosis in the past, It causes problems now and then, but she insisted it might be my bladder or kidneys or something else. She refused to prescribe antibiotics because I wouldn't get a CAT, even telling me I might die during the night without treatment. I signed a paper saying I had refused treatment, and went home. I am still alive this morning. And, I didn't spend the approx. 2500K for the scan. I felt she was shilling for hospital charges, not interested in treating unless I had a battery of testing, which makes money for her employer, Salem Health.

The doc didn't order flu test or bacterial infection test. Follow-up today with regular doc said one doesn't have a fever for no reason. I'm upset that I paid to go to ER and didn't get appropriate help. Dr Honis didn't listen to my complaints and seemed put out that I went to the ER. She didn't give any instructions how to combat nausea or fever. The nurse was terrific though.

Great Doctor

Great bedside manner, kept me informed of my test results, was kind and I really felt like she cared about me.

Horrible

Dr. Gretel E Honis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, OR.