Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Guillermo Hernandez Jr
Dr. Guillermo Hernandez Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Las Cruces, NM, with another office in Las Cruces, NM. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hernandez is affiliated with Memorial Medical Center, Guillermo Hernandez DO and Mountain View Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Guillermo Hernandez Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 19
I have only been to Dr. Hernandez a couple of times, and I was not thrilled with the man at all. Told me several times how much my insurance allowed him to help me with and that I was only allowed two concerns at a time. Even with my two concerns I was talked over and told that it was not a problem that for my age I wouldnt have those symptoms.
Dr Hernandez without question knows his medicine, but a couple problems undermine this knowledge: 1) There is a tendency at times to be arrogant and thus does not always listen to the patient, or follow requests, such as the sharing of medical records with other doctors. 2) It is normal for him to complain about his medical costs operating a private practice during office visits. 3) Over time he has begun to run his office like a medical mill, i.e. patients in and out within five to ten minutes of his time, and an unwillingness to discuss anything beyond the primary reason for the visit; i.e. he seems more interested in multiple visits with multiple charges. Because of these reservations, after several years I have left his medical practice to seek out another primary care physician
Awesome doctor. Remember, he is not a specialist, but he hits the nail on the head every time.Honesty, and knowing his business, best doctor I have ever encountered.For a family doctor I would say, GO SEE HIM!
Dr. Hernandez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Medical Center
Guillermo Hernandez DO
Mountain View Regional Medical Center
Mountainview Regional Med Center
35 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Guillermo Hernandez Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Guillermo Hernandez Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Cruces, NM.