Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Guillermo T Schrader has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
My Mother has Schizophrenia. She lives in an assisted living home about 40 minutes away from my Sister who tried with all her might to take her to her appointment with this Dr. My mothers condition requires a Dr. who is willing to monitor her. After her last months appointment the Dr. was going to change my Mother's meds if the ones he had her one "Still" were not working. They were not - so this appointment was CRITICAL to help her be able to cope better - especially through Christmas. We had her appointment down at 5:30pm and my Sister got to the Dr.'s office at 5:28. At which time they told her that the appointment was at 5:20 and the Dr. would not see my Mother since he already took another patient. My sister drove 40 minutes to pick my Mother up - who has to use a wheelchair to get around and back 40 minutes to her home. The Dr. does not return phone calls when my Mother is having complete breakdowns and they will not make an appointment for us to talk to them about my Mothers condition. Dr.'s need to care about their patients! This is unacceptable behavior for the office and the Dr. I'm embarrassed for them and we are looking for another physician for my sweet mother in her late 70's who desperately needs a Dr. to care enough about her to at least honor their appointments and give her the care she desperately needs especially 4 days before Christmas. They should be ashamed!
Connecticut Valley Hospital
Locations & DirectionsEastern State Hospital, 4601 Ironbound Rd, Williamsburg, VA
Dr. Guillermo T Schrader is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Williamsburg, VA.