Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gul K Sahetya has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gul K Sahetya has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
Dr. Gul K Sahetya has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 28
Office was very unorganized, could not find my referral. i was a return patient the Dr asked me if I was new and why i was there. She requested to see me. She told me I should consider myself lucky to be able to see her. All of this after my appointment being rescheduled 3 times and after driving 150 miles being told I could not be seen because they lost the referral. The referral was resent from my PCP and i was allowed in the door, 2 hours later than my original time, or my third appointment time, remember they changed it three times. In my experience most doctors read the chart before they walk in the door and know if the patient is now or a return and what the visit is for before they walk in. This is why the triage nurse comes in first, to get the chart pulled and get the needed information. DO NOT SEE THIS QUACK
Most visits if I saw her it was hours of waiting and she never apologizes for it. I usually ended up seeing one of the many PA's. If she did come in the room, she never sat down and never stayed for a minute. Her husband is the heart dr and very good I may add. She does go overboard on testing . I think after 5 years of being her patient, I never got one definitive diagnosis as to any of the problems I saw her for.
She and her husband are just a few of the phyiscans that are robbing this "medicare system". One of those doctors that order test after test, for NO JUST CAUSE! We fired her from every seeing one of my family members. If you were smart you would do the same! Insider at local hospital agreed with me...she also goes about her own agenda, not very considerate of patient or family!
Dr. Sahetya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Gul K Sahetya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSahetya Medical Group, 427 US 31W Byp, Bowling Green, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gul K Sahetya, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Bowling Green, KY, in this video.
Dr. Gul K Sahetya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bowling Green, KY.