Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gulshan Bhatia
Dr. Gulshan Bhatia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Jose, CA. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bhatia is affiliated with El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus, St Louise Regional Hospital and Regional Medical Center-San Jose. She speaks English.
Dr. Gulshan Bhatia has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 4 of 4
Dr Bhatia is a no nonsense person who refuses to sugar coat her words. She is direct and honest to deliver her thoughts. She may sound cold and detached to keep her objectivity but deep within I believe she is truly caring and compassionate. I have seen her went out of her office to help her patient keep a home. Dr, Bhatia has been my father's doctor many years ago, even when his care was transferred to another doctor, Dr Bhatia was willing to help on various times when I needed help and professional advise
She was my primary practitioner when I was a teen, about 20 years ago. She was rude, belittling, and made me feel like crap. She was the worst Doctor a depressed teen could have. She even told me at one point that I was an idiot (though I probabley was, teens don't need to hear that kind of talk from a Doctor). I hope she has grown some sense, and some compassion in these years, because it would of done a world of good for me.
Dr. Bhatia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- St Georges Hospital Medical School
Dr. Gulshan Bhatia accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSanta Clara County Health Department, 976 Lenzen Ave, San Jose, CA
Dr. Gulshan Bhatia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.