Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gururau M Sudarshan has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Gururau M Sudarshan has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Gururau M Sudarshan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gururau M Sudarshan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
He briefly explained procedure. He asked where I had gotten my spinal epidural injections and then told me the other facility wasn't able to do as much for me as he can do which I thought that was odd for him to say. I also told them I couldn't tolerate strong pain meds but was given them in the IV anyway. After the procedure I was so sick and still needed to go to the hospital for a CT scan. They were going to give me something for the nausea but didn't have anything on hand. I would've thought they would at least give me a written prescription for anti nausea meds.. Needless to say I was miserable the rest of the day. I didn't even receive a follow up phone call to see how I was doing. I'm honestly not one to complain but I won't be going back! It was a nightmare!!
Pain Management is a very personal subject that can arrouse emotions. Dr Sudarshan agreed to try treatments including injections and therapy when others told me surgery was my only option. He explains the success of pain management is the sole responsibility of the patient's ability to follow the program. Most patients want a quick fix with out working for it, thus the negative experiences. The wait time can be long. The staff has had a lot of turn over, but slowly getting the right people in place.
Dr. Sudarshan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Maulana Azad Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Gururau M Sudarshan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCincinnati Pain Physicians Llc, 8261 Cornell Rd Ste 630, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Gururau M Sudarshan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.