Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Guy M Boike has the following 3 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Guy M Boike has the following 6 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Guy M Boike is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
He did not stop by the day of surgery prior to my vulvectomy nor did I see him or anyone from his staff at any time the day of my surgery. I had asked if I should bring a pad and was told I didn't need to. That wasn't true. I received no postoperative instructions whatsoever. I had an infection by the time I arrived home but got no assistance for several days and had to see his nurse Practioner who had been responsible for getting me the postoperative instructions but had neglected to do so. That was 7 months ago and the original area that a biopsy showed was precancerous is still there and now I have to go back to him. No other doctor wants to see you in such a case. I am miserable with no other options.
Dr. Boike not only treats the disease, he treats the patient. There are many facets to cancer and he addresses them all. I have had the privilege of meeting several other patients and their smiles are a resounding approval of his care. His staff is a reflection of how his office is managed. Their kindness and willingness to assist is a blessing.
Dr. Boike is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKarmanos Cancer Institute, 3140 W Campus Dr, Bay City, MI
Dr. Guy M Boike is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay City, MI.