Dr. Guy Handley Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Guy Handley?

Terrible Post Op Care

Posted on August 27th, 2015

Can get the job done as far as surgery goes, but the post-operative care of the practice is horrible! I requested an Rx for nausea the day of my procedure because I have a history of vomiting after general anesthesia, he refused to provide one. So, one day 3 of recovery, when I am vomiting as predicted, I had to call the practice’s after hours care to get a nausea prescription. They acted as if they were doing me a favor to provide something I asked for 3 days prior. On that same call, I expressed I could not take the pain medication prescribed and requested a new kind. They told me to wait it out over the weekend. I did as directed, and it was days 3 – 6 after a tonsillectomy, the most painful days of them all, and I had no pain medication. I got little to no sleep for 3 days straight because the pain was too intense to sleep through. Then, as they instructed, I called Monday and begged, AGAIN, for pain medication and they gave me such a hard time. After 3 phone calls that day begging for a new pain med, they prescribed a new kind, and I could finally get back on the road to recovery. Lack of the necessary nausea medication led to unnecessary dehydration (vomiting when you are barely consuming liquids in not safe). And lack of necessary pain med led to lack of sleep which really hurt the recovery – when not eating, and getting much liquids, adding no sleep does not help. Combined, the lack of post op care made the recovery much worse and much longer than necessary. Changing ENTs immediately.

Excellent ENT!!!

Posted on October 16th, 2012

Best ENT in Central Alabama. Could go into a lot of details, but the *****'s say it all......Thank you Dr Handley for taking care of my ear problems.

my visit

Posted on June 24th, 2012

great visit. in and out in no time and diagnosis was 100% correct.

Courtesy and knowledge

Posted on February 9th, 2011

I give Dr Handley 10 out of 10. He has showed the up most knowledge in my Unknown medical problem. I had a head injury and he did everything he could in his text to find and cure the problem. Unfortunate it was not the only problem. He let me know he was following up on all my Dr's and answered any questions regardless good or bad. I just wish there were more Dr's just as Dr. Handley out there, with his bed side manners.. Keep up the good work and God Bless you and your entire medical staff.

Posted on November 24th, 2010

Dr. Handley has been a doctor of mine for many years. He gave me a tonsilectomy about 10 years ago and since then I just do not have the problems I had before. He is a wonderful doctor that I would always recommend.

Posted on November 22nd, 2009

Dr Guy Handley Is A very good Dr. He is kind, easy to unstand. I would tell all of my freind about him

GREAT VISIT

Posted on September 28th, 2009

WHEN YOU VISIT A DOCTOR WITH A PROBLEM, YOU EXPECT A LONG WAIT WITH MINIMAL ATTENTION AND HOPE FOR A CORRECT DIAGNOSIS. WITH DR. HANDLEY, THIS IS NOT THE CASE. YOU ARE SEEN IN A TIMELY MANNER BY A PHYSICIAN WHO SPENDS TIME WITH YOU AND HELPS YOU MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOUR CARE. DURING THIS TIME, YOU ARE FULLY AWARE THAT HE IS GENUINELY CARES FOR YOUR WELL-BEING! THANKS DR. HANDLEY!

Posted on March 20th, 2017