Dr. Gwen Pearlman Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Gwen Pearlman?

Don't waste your time and money!

Posted on November 29th, 2015

Don't waste your time and money going to see her - find someone else! Dr. Perlman was very smug and dismissed my symptoms as something all women would have over age 50. Luckily for me I went to see a second endocrinologist and I am now being treated properly.

I would not recommend

Posted on November 12th, 2015

I feel she cares more about making money than caring for patients. If you cancel with a weeks notice 4 times in she drops you as a patient and her records are not accurate or well kept.

Posted on April 21st, 2015

Too long to wait , just ridiculous !!!!!!!!!

Find another DOC !!!

Posted on March 11th, 2015

Bedside manner is rude and dismissive, always looks to labs rather than symptoms. Rarely calls you back if you have any questions, Receptionist very rude , do yourself a favour and FIND ANOTHER DOC

Posted on January 28th, 2015

doctor not up to date with technology and rude do your self favor find someone else

Very Distasteful Experience

Posted on April 16th, 2013

I made an appointment with Dr. Pearlman 3 weeks ago for today at 11:00 a.m. I asked the assistant to email me the paperwork to fill out before coming in. Never done. I received a message from my office receptionist last Friday afternoon that read "confirming appointment for next Tuesday". Just in case, I called on Saturday to try and leave a message confirming. However, they don't have an option on their phone system to leave a message. Then I called Monday morning to confirm and was very hastily and nastily put on hold. At the 10 minute mark with no one coming back to me I called again but no one picked up like the last time. I then went about my life. On appointment day I take the morning off from work and go to the office only to be told very sternly and nastily that they canceled my appoint. Dr. Pearlman's assistant was so unprofessionally and unapologetic. She actually yelled at me that it was my own fault. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS OFFICE. Dr. Pearlman seriously needs to instruct her staff on patient relations and simply human curtesy and kindness.

Excellent care

Posted on April 16th, 2013

I am very pleased with the level of care that I have received in the past year as a patient of Dr. Pearlman. Her and her assistant, Krista, have always provided extraordinary care whenever I either have an appointment or just need some help on the phone with prescriptions or any other question. I believe the Dr. orders the appropriate tests and then helps me to understand their results. I would not hesitate to reccommend Dr. Pearlman to anynof my friends. I hope I can continue to be her patient for years to come. In my experience, a good Doctor CAN be hard to find and Dr. Pearlman in my opionion, is a GREAT doctor.

Posted on April 6th, 2013

Dr. Pearlman is a great Doctor.. She has been wonderful to me.. She has helped me so much.. Not sure why there is one bad report. You couldn't get a better Dr. If you have a problem, she will call you right back.. I found her very kind and caring..

Dr. Pearlman is the ideal doctor for me.

Posted on August 29th, 2011

After reading others' comments about Dr. Pearlman, I was skeptical about keeping my appointment with her but I must say I've been VERY impressed with her. Bear in mind, she's not a "touchy feely" person and will not bowl you over with a caring attitude. She's very straightforward but takes the time to really listen to your concerns/needs. I see her for both type I diabetes and graves disease and have been impressed with her approaches to both. I, personally, prefer my physicians not to "soften the blow". I like that she tells it like it is and let's me know of my options. She does a great job of explaining lab results and other care-related factors to you alos.

Rude & Incompetent Endocriniologist

Posted on May 18th, 2011

Dr. Pearlman has a very poor bedside manner. Despite being a D.O. (usually more holistic in approach), she definitely takes a reductionistic approach. I was seeing Dr. Pearlman for hypothyroidism and she was solely focused on and based her treatment on TSH lab results. All other thyroid labs she considers "academic." She doesn't treat patients, she treats lab results. The day after her interpretation of all my labs as "normal", my primary care doctor said my t3 levels were low and prescribed t3 and seemed puzzled at her dismissal all except the TSH thyroid results as "academic". He also noticed low testosterone which she said was "good" and prescribed androgel. (Shouldn't the endocrinologist have noticed this?) I immediately decided I would be relying on him for treatment of my thyroid issues from then on. He then worked with me to switch to desiccated thyroid. Before various lab test were developed, a doctor's treatment focused on eliminating symptoms. Dr Pearlman's focus is adjusting drug dosages to get a patient's lab results with a couple standard deviations of supposed "normal". She rarely asked inquire about symptoms!!! When calling her to let her know my insurance company would be contacting her about a claim she automatically assumed I was asking her to lie, when I was just telling her what the insurance company told me to relay.She is RUDE!, dismissive, adversarial, uncaring, and her treatment for thyroid issues is unreliable and inadequate.

RUDE & INCOMPETENT ENDOCRINOLOGIST

Posted on May 18th, 2011

Dr pearlman helped me with my throid issue

Posted on June 1st, 2010

I visited Dr pavlinic my general who put me on 188 mg synthroid for 4 years.. I was sick for a long time. Dr Pearlman changed my dosage to 88 mg of synthroid and now I feel 20 years younger.