Dr. Gwen R Wurm Is this you?

3 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Gwen R Wurm?

A parent's perspective on Dr. Gwen Wurm

It was the summer of 2007 and my daughter and I came back from visiting a rainforest in Puerto Rico. I became septic from head to toe within two days and many surgeries and procedures were done at Jackson to save my life. My knee prosthesis had to be taken out and antibiotic spacers were put in for apptoximately 6 months. My baby who was 7 1/2 years old had an ear infection that would not clear. I have no insurance for her because I was late 4 days with the payment to Florida Kid Care. I was kicked out of the system. Also at this time my daughter tripped over a threshold in the house and severed her toensil near the nail bed. When this happened I took her to local hospital and the "rental emergency physician" stitched the nail back on to the nail bed. So I called Dr. Wurm's office and she saw my daughter almost immediately. I got medicine for her ear and followedher directions. When I told her about my ddaughter's toe nail she looked at it and immediately began nakj g phone calls and the head foot and ankle doctor at Jackson who treats only adults agreed to see my child upon Dr. Wurms assistance. When he saw what the local emergency room did by stitching the nail to the nail-bed he immediately cut the sutures. Dr. Gwen Wurm is not good....she is OUTSTANDING. I never posted a comment but I am trying to make an appointment for my daughter now, before school starts and when I saw this opportunity to post a few words about a great pediatric physician..... I had to do it. Thank you Dr. Wurm!

Asthma