Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hal D Martin
Dr. Hal D Martin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Ou Medical Center Edmond, St Anthony Hospital and Mercy Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Hal D Martin has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Showing 5 of 47
Wait time was over 1 hour!! That was nearly every time I went for an appointment. Dr Martin mis-diagnosed me. Plain as that! I KNEW something was seriously wrong with my hip. Dr Martin kept telling me it was a torn ligament ( no hisotry of a cause for a torn ~ anything). I suffered over a period of a few months, each time the pain was worse and worse. I kept telling him it was getting worse. I was nearly unable to walk at all! He wanted to do surgery. I was trying to schedule the time off from work. I cannot even begin to explain what happened in the interim. How he and his staff treated me. I was crying- seriously crying. He scheduled me for an injection of some 'gel' that was supposed to easy my pain for a few weeks until I could have the surgery. The "gel" was $500.00 I had to pay out of my own pcoket because insurnce doesnt cover it. And getting that prescription filled was a fiasco in of itself. His staff was absolutley of NO HELP what so ever. When the injection was finally being done, I was in a lot of pain- not from the injection, but from the deterioration of my joint and the pain was unbearable. He and his helpers in that procesdure room were disrespectful of me and joked about my tears. I left there and went to see a real doctor. An Orthopedic surgeon who I only explained to him I needed a second opinion. Turns out I had a tumor on my hip that Dr Hal Martin never even saw with a MRI (with contrast). Torn ligament- really doctor?? My opinion is that he should not be allowed to practice medicine! My Husband was so angry! I was too. I ended up having a total hip replacement and now have absolutely NO PAIN, no limping, no problems. I can tell you for sure that it was not a torn ligament Hal. It was a tumor. Thanks be to the Lord it was not malignant.
He saved my soccer career. I'm 17 and had to have hip surgery on my right hip for irregular conditions due to problems I was born with. I had 1 doctor who had me have an MRI with dye injected into my hip and his radiologist told me I was totally fine only to realize I was the complete opposite. He completed fixed my right hip and has gotten me back to playing soccer better than before. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Hal D Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hal D Martin in this video.
Dr. Hal D Martin is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dallas, TX.