Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hamilton R Fish has the following 1 specialty
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 17
My wife and I both see Dr Fish and what impressed us most is how he was able to convince us that taking care of our diabetes is our responsibility. A simple thing but often overlooked by people who think that as long as they are under the doctors care they can eat whatever they want and make no effort to take an active part in their glucose control. My wife has been able to get completely off of oral medication and now controls her diabetes by diet alone. I think that's remarkable yet so simple. One of our neighbors is a type 1 diabetic since her teens. She told us years ago when we were diagnosed that we should never go to a general practitioner for diabetes treatment. She referred us to her endocrinologist and we have been going to one ever since. If you want someone to pat you on the head, tell you what you want to hear and waste your money then look elsewhere. If you really want to manage your glucose and get control of your life then you need to see an endocrinologist. We would highly recommend Dr Fish. He also doesn't does not believe in wasting your money (including your health insurance) on unnecessary treatment. So if you want your A1C checked once a week, there again look elsewhere. We both can't say enough good things about him. He is brutally honest as the expression goes. I've seen two dieticians over the years and I once asked Dr Fish if maybe it was time to see a dietician again. He looked me in the eye and said...and what is a dietician going to tell you that you don't already know. I love this guy and the people in the office are great.
Other than a long drive which was actually very nice I felt Dr. Fish was thorough in looking over my records and pinpointing what we need to look further into regarding what he felt was of most importance at this time concerning my particular and specific condition. I appreciated his professionalism and that he took time to read through records and ask specific questions regarding my health and also provide an exam as well. Pam up front was very informative, friendly, helpful and professional. Following up with a current MRI that will show him in more detail regarding an important issue concerning my health. Would recommend and thankful my Dr. Had given me a referral so to address certain endocrine issues.
I had a neighbor in PA who is a juvenile diabetic. She told me that I should always go to an endocrinologist after I was diagnosed with diabetes. When I did, he immediately took me off of oral medication that had been prescribed by my family doctor after one blood test. I was then instructed on how to maintain glucose levels through healthy and smart eating. When I moved to Florida 10 years ago I was fortunate to find Dr Fish. I look for excellence in a physician. Many diabetics look for doctors who tell them what they want to hear. You can take all the bedside manner in the world and what good does it do if your doctor is mediocre at best and incompetent at worst regarding diabetes. I don't care whether a Dr pats me on the head and tells me what I want to hear. I want the very best physician available and when it comes to diabetes, Dr Fish is the best.
42 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Hamilton R Fish accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHamilton R Fish Md, 32735 Radio Rd, Leesburg, FL
Dr. Hamilton R Fish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, FL.