Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hani I Salib has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hani I Salib has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Hani I Salib has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
When I left Dr. Salib I felt judged, not listened to, paternalized and condescended. The doctor spent more time talking to and looking at the computer than he did listening to my concerns. There was no explanation that I could understand (and I have been an ICU nurse for 30 years and am a licensed attorney). The receptionist was great and the nurse was OK, not a warm manner, but OK. Dr. Salib gave much more time and attention to the drug rep. discussing avenues to get insurance to approve writing certain prescriptions and getting paid than my (his patient's ) concerns . He seems so enamored with technology than looking at and listening to his patient. If there was s no lab value, then it must not be real ... just add a 'band-aide' antidepressant and stop bothering me' attitude is what I came away with. I felt worse when I left his office. I came home, called my insurance company and fired him. BTW, this is the first time I have fired a doctor because my impression of Dr Salib is that he is no healer/physician.
I was a 3 years patient of this Doctor and currently wearing a C. Bag because this doctor was not attentive to my complaints, body issues and pain and then failed to diagnose the cancer and i have suffered so much and continue to go through so much, trying to over come this negligence he made, has left my family who is left taking care of me.
What a great doctor! Dr. Salib has been my pcp for three years now. I love his office manager. She is always kind and helpful. He has a new medical assistant with no personality. I really did liked his previous medical assistant. The last thing someone would like to see is a MA faking a smile to you.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1982
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Hani I Salib accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsOasis Desert Medical Group, 1401 N Palm Canyon Dr Ste 102, Palm Springs, CA
Dr. Hani I Salib is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Springs, CA.