Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hanna H Chao MD
Dr. Hanna H Chao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Haven, CT, with another office in West Haven, CT. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Hospitalist. She speaks English.
Dr. Hanna H Chao has 2 locations
Dr. Hanna H Chao has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Hanna H Chao has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Hanna H Chao is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Rude and impatient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hanna H Chao - Posted on January 17th, 2019
Love Dr Chao!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hanna H Chao - Posted on May 19th, 2015
Visited her at the North Haven walk-in clinic (which I love- never a wait and receptionists are so nice!). I had found a tiny lump in my neck and was freaking out all day. She came in and immediately her disposition was positive and warm. She was very sweet and took her time, didn't feel rushed at all. She listened to my worries and reassured me. She explained things to me clearly and detailed and I left the office feeling 100x better than when I had walked in. She helped me a lot when I asked if she could refer me to a primary physician since I do not have one since I moved. I thought she would have the receptionist help me but she did it herself and even wrote down phone numbers for doctors. It was so awesome to be with a doctor who isn't rushing you just to get onto the next patient. I wish she could be my primary physician but I believe she only works out of the walk-in clinic and VA hospital :(
Dr. Hanna H Chao Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hanna H Chao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Haven, CT.