Is Dr. Hans R Agrawal the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hans R Agrawal MD
Dr. Hans R Agrawal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cambridge, MA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Hans R Agrawal has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Hans R Agrawal has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 8
Great Overall Doctor and Experience
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hans R Agrawal - Posted on January 10th, 2015
I had been seeing Dr Agrawal for 2 years from 2009 to 2011 and then I had to switch doctors which was the worst situation but I had to for personal reasons. While seeing him during that time, he has been the best Doctor I've had in the 20 years of being in therapy. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. Appointments were easy to make and if he had to work around your schedule he would bend over backwards to accommodate your needs. Always on time or early and really knows his patients and their needs. I fortunately had the chance to get in touch with him again after 2 years and he called me right back and was willing to schedule an appointment for me asap due to my situation. For people like me with anxiety, this is the perfect office visit, no waiting or frustration trying to reach him like many other doctors that can't be bothered returning calls or always run late and add more stress and aggravation to your life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hans R Agrawal - Posted on August 12th, 2014
Insensitive to vulnerable patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hans R Agrawal - Posted on July 17th, 2014
Excellent Caring Psychiatrist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hans R Agrawal - Posted on November 20th, 2012
Very smart and thoughtful psychiatrist and therapist.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hans R Agrawal - Posted on October 4th, 2012
20 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Hans R Agrawal Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Hans R Agrawal's office for more information.
1218 Massachusetts Ave Cambridge, MA : (617) 792-4879
Locations & DirectionsYM PSYCHOTHERAPY AND CONSULTATION, 1218 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA
Dr. Hans R Agrawal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.