Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hans C Hansen has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Hans C Hansen has the following 12 expertise
- Spinal Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Muscle Spasticity
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Brain Injuries
Dr. Hans C Hansen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 172
I suffer from back pain. Female, 70+ yrs of age. Ive been to any doctor that my primary physician has recommended to me over the years. Over the past 5 years, Dr Hansen has helped me the most. Im lucky to have finally found my way to him. Not leaving.... His staff is very nice to me. Very professional but warm and caring. His wife is very nice and makes it a point to come out and see me. I feel special when I have an appointment there. Not like some doctor's offices.....
can someone please tell me if this pain management dr. and offices are closed? my husband, a eight year paitiant went for his appointment this mounth and the place was locked up... no contact with my hubby, no arming to patients. i was a paitiant for years also, but left because dr. hanson is has no concern for paitiant concerns, wueztions, or pain. no one answers in conover at all. can't find other offices. anybody know?? any info appreciated..
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Ami Presbyterian Denver Hospital
Dr. Hans C Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHans Christian Hansen MD, 1224 Commerce St SW, Conover, NC
Dr. Hans C Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conover, NC.