Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Haris Athar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Haris Athar has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Athar is a great doctor. His bedside manner is the best. When your in his care you know your getting the best treatment and most important...........your in good hands. It's priceless to know that your in the care of a doctor who not only knows what he is doing but is very sensitive to your own needs.
I have been a patient of Dr. Athar for three years. He has a friendly, compassionate and caring bedside manner.He is competent and very thorough with his explanations regarding your condition. His office staff is caring and excellent as well as professional. Dr. Athar is absolutely the best around!He treats his patients as if they were his best friends or family.
I met Dr Athar in the hospital when my father had a heart attack. Dr Athar performed an emergency stent procedure the same night and saved my father's life. He was extremely compassionate during the entire hospital stay and explained every aspect of my father's condition to all of us family members. I have become his patient now and greatly appreciate his competent and compassionate care. The visits to the office are fun. He makes his patients feel comfortable. He calls me with test results and will answer all my questions. He has a great reputation in the community. He is my doctor..
I went to Dr.Athar for some heart related issues that I was told was a Right Bundle Branch Block. Of course being told this has led me to alot of anxiety, Dr Athar not only helped allievate my anxiety but also did every test possible to rule out any problems. I have seen countless dr's about this problem and he is the ONLY one I can honestly say cared and made me feel safe. I would recommend him to anyone he is awesome. His staff was just as good his assistant nurse Rena was amazing and a real joy to be around, she actually made the visit enjoyable.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Haris Athar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Connecticut Cardiologists, 19 Woodland St Ste 35, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Haris Athar in this video.
Dr. Haris Athar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.