Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Harmar D Brereton
Dr. Harmar D Brereton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poughkeepsie, NY. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Radiation Oncology. Dr. Brereton is affiliated with Bon Secours Community Hospital and Barnes-Kasson Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Harmar D Brereton has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Radiation Oncology
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
Dr. Harmar D Brereton has the following 18 expertise
- Radiation Injuries
- Radiation Therapy
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Radiation Oncology
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Thyroid Diseases
- Hodgkin Disease
Dr. Harmar D Brereton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Brereton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Harmar D Brereton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsHVOA, 19 Cooke St, Poughkeepsie, NY
Dr. Harmar D Brereton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.