Dr. Harold Adelman Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Harold Adelman?

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on July 21st, 2017

Dr Adelman is wonderful. He listens well and asks questions. He is very insightful and kind. Very approachable and has a sense of humor which is very refreshing! Most doctors I've seen in the past--and there have been several--take themselves too seriously. Dr Adelmen takes his patients seriously without being clinical. Even his assistant Angela is awesome! I highly recommend this office!

Very good psychiatrist

Posted on April 6th, 2016

For a psychiatrist in this day and age, he takes time to actually LISTEN to you. Most psychiatrists tell you to go to a counselor to express your emotions, but he doesn't, even though he encourages it at every chance. He was one of the few who checked to see what was going on in your life before he changed or increased medications. He is fantastic and I'm sorry he's still NOT practicing in Kerrville.

Posted on November 7th, 2012

incompetent staff. only interested in payment. i was very disappointed. Staff was horrible and never knew what was going on, had to always put me on hold for simple questions.

Posted on December 3rd, 2010

Excellent doctor who is very knowledgeable and has been very helpful. I would highly recommend this doctor.

hmharrington

Posted on November 29th, 2010

he went out of his way to help me with my issues. I would recomenend him to anyone that has a problem.

Good doctor

Posted on January 7th, 2010

He knows what he is talking about. I'm happy with him.

Poor bedside manner

Posted on December 2nd, 2008

This doctor spent the very few minutes I had with him with his head in the file, writing or reading. He rarely looked at me and it did not feel as though he was particularly interested in listening to anything I said. I'm not much of a talker, and this psychiatrist seemed completely unconcerned with what I had to say. Over the course of a few months, he continually changed my diagnosis. He also tried to get me to buy magnets for back pain, which he was selling - a business separate from his medical practice. I find this in very poor taste. I also arrived on a couple of occasions to find pharmaceutical sales reps wining and dining the entire clinic. It did not seem to matter to the staff that this caused appointments to run extremely late. Seemed very unethical.

Doctor's Response

There were circumstances such as these (drug reps, etc.) in about 2004. I no longer practice in that group or locale and the above situation has not been present for several years. I spend at least an hour with each patient and often longer at their initial visit.

Posted on November 16th, 2016