Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold Alexander
Dr. Harold Alexander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hyattsville, MD, with another office in District Heights, MD. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Prince George's Hospital Center and Providence Hospital. Dr. Alexander has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Harold Alexander has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Harold Alexander has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 18
I disagree with many of the reviews about Dr. Alexander. On a whim today, I researched this man who was my doctor at the end of 2013. All reviews aside, Dr. Alexander was very kind to me during a difficult time. I was a "rare" case, something routine turned difficult (by no fault of the Doctor) and the kindness and compassion that the Doctor and his staff showed me made me feel a lot better. Sure, he likes to joke around but that made a tough situation easier to bear. I never felt as though Dr. Alexander crossed a line or treated me in any way but with kindness and respect. I think some of these other commenters are far too sensitive and hide behind the anonymity of the internet to shame a professional man with a difficult job.
The staff is SO helpful, understanding, patient, discrete and caring. But the Dr was totally unprofessional, vulgar racist language and inappropriate sexual conversation especially during sensitive times . I felt that he touched me inappropriatly and i felt completely uncomfortable with him looking "down there" and commenting on how good I looked. I wish they would keep the great staff, but get a new Dr to run the place.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Prince George's Hospital Center
36 Years Experience
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Harold Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hyattsville, MD.