Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold W Alison
Dr. Harold W Alison, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mountain Home, TN, with another office in Johnson City, TN. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Alison is affiliated with Hawkins County Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Harold W Alison has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Harold W Alison has the following 5 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Harold W Alison is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Saved my life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold W Alison - Posted on April 19th, 2008
Before I saw Dr. Alison I was very ill. I suffered from heart pain and jaw pain almost daily. Dr Alison was very encouraging to me. Over the last 6 years he has placed me on several medications and vitamens that have helped me tremendously. I seldom have pain now. He keeps close check on me. He sees me every 3 to 6 months if I am doing well and monthly if I am not. He does not put me off when I have problems. If my problem cannot be found in his office he sends me to the hospital. I am very pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Alison. My family and I feel like I would not be alive today had it not been for the excellent care I have received from Dr. Alison.
Dr. Alison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Regional Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Harold W Alison
Treatments that work dramatically are especially...
Locations & Directions
Dr. Harold W Alison is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mountain Home, TN.