Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold P Blanks III
Dr. Harold P Blanks III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Blanks is affiliated with Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital. Dr. Blanks has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harold P Blanks III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harold P Blanks III has the following 13 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Harold P Blanks III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Blanks cares about his patients and make sure they get the best of care. on my first visit , I was a little nervous, not knowing what to expect. Once I went to his office and we started talking about my problem , he made me feel very relaxed and it was easy to tell him my problem. He is my son's Dr.also. He is an excellent Dr. I would recommend him to my family members.I could never say all the good things about this Dr. He is the best.
great dr.and i should know i have several
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Blanks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Harold P Blanks III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Cardiology Consultants Pa, 877 W Faris Rd Ste B, Greenville, SC
Dr. Harold P Blanks III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.