Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold D Brandt
Dr. Harold D Brandt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Brandt is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center and Springhill Medical Center. Dr. Brandt has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harold D Brandt has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I cannot recommend Dr. Brandt highly enough. He is the best doctor I have ever seen and completely changed my life. He spent more time with me than any doctor ever has and was able to diagnose something that has gone undiagnosed for decades. He truly cares about his patients in a way I've never seen in the medical profession. I hope he never retires.
I trust this man with my life, literally...he has been my doctor for 25 years. His expertise is evident; his bedside manner impeccable, and his knowledge is extensive. I never mind waiting for him because he will spend as much time with you as you need. He genuinely cares for patients as people, and does not just herd them in and out. Dr. Brandt is one of the most intuitive people I have ever met. He is definitely living his calling well.
Dr. Brandt is an absolutely brilliant doctor who will not only diagnosis the problem accurately, but has the people skills to discuss recuperation in a manner that is very calming and tension free. He is a tremendous asset to the Baton Rouge clinic and I am truly blessed to have him as my physician.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2014, 2011, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Brandt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1980
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Harold D Brandt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaton Rouge Clinic AMC, 7373 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Harold D Brandt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.