Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold W Helmke III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 8
I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. I wasn't pleased with his partner that was on call but once Dr. Helmke took over the next day, I was very pleased with his care. He always took his time explaining things to me and never seemed to be in a rush. He has been this way on every single office visit in the three years since my hospitalization. I am very pleased with his care and would recommend him to anyone.
I would not refer anyone to this doctor or clinic. My father used him when he began treatment for congestive heart failure and although we were pleased in the beginning, service went down hill shortly after. The clinic is rude and the two times he was hospitalized this doctor never even came to see my father. Instead he sent someone else who was completely rude and barely spent 30 seconds with him. We were told to follow up with this doctor after he was released and he cancelled on him twice. Once we tried to reschedule, he was on vacation. Do yourself a favor and seek another doctor.
Hope he's not your heart doc! He did a full eval., stress test, holter monitor, ECG, and gave my hubby a clean bill of health. Diagnosis-benign PVC's (premature heartbeats). He was told Take meds if you are uncomfortable ,but it is not necessary. 10 months later, hubby had routine pre-op ECG,findings were abnormal. When we requested records from Helmke, it clearly stated diagnosis of Coronary artery disease, and ECG was abnormal. He led us to believe there was no issue! Told us everything looks o.k.! I found out that this happens quite often with this doc!
23 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Harold W Helmke III accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLouisiana Cardiology Associates, 7777 Hennessy Blvd Ste 1000, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Harold W Helmke III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.