Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold N Jacobson has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Harold N Jacobson has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Harold N Jacobson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Harold N Jacobson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 85
I went to him as advised by my primary MD for severe depression and uncontrolled anxiety. He was very cocky when we went in...and even made the comment that I looked beat down and on the verge of tears and then in the same breath asks why I asked for help now if I was already on an anti-depressant. Then he proceeds to convince me that I must be having nightmares and that's why I am so emotional and starts me on mini-press which is a heart/BP med FOR NIGHTMARES and tells me he will see me in 6 weeks. Total time 10 minutes. I was alotted an hour. And he has people shuffling in and out consistently with new scripts...maybe 5 minute sessions BUT I am sure he charges the insurance for a full visit. I told him I didn't even care if I died and he never looked up from his computer. Seriously?? Shameful.
I can't believe we put up with this doctor as long as we did. The wait time is OUTRAGEOUS. The last visit we arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled time, checked in, and promptly charged us close to $200. We paid in full, and then the waiting game began. By the time we got to see him, it was 1.5 hrs later! This wasn't the first time, not the second time, not even the third! I was furious. My time is just as previous as his. And as a psychiatrist, he should know that it doesn't take much to set off people with issue. We came to see him for a reason. All his did was apologizing for running late. This is not running late. This is poor time management. Period. When you do sit there, all he does is dispense prescription left and right. He is not even attempt to understand the underlying issue. We are looking for another doctor. Nobody has time nor patience for his poor time management and mediocre service.
42 Years Experience
Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Timberlawn Psych Hospital
Dr. Harold N Jacobson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarold Neil Jacobson Md, 17440 Dallas Pkwy Ste 208, Dallas, TX
Dr. Harold N Jacobson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.