Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold H Katz
Dr. Harold H Katz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Paul, MN, with another office in Saint Paul, MN. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Katz is affiliated with Woodwinds Health Campus, St John's Hospital and St Joseph's Hospital. Dr. Katz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harold H Katz has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harold H Katz has the following 15 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Harold H Katz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
I've been a patient of Dr. Katz's for eight years. He is extraordinarily skilled at what he does. He's patient, makes time for questions, and never leaves me feeling rushed. I think some who see his bedside manner as less than ideal need to spend a little time getting to know him. I'm convinced they would warm up to him. He is analytical, and I think that might come off poorly for those who first meet him. Dr. Katz is a first-rate doctor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Katz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Harold H Katz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Harold H Katz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.