Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold L Kennedy
Dr. Harold L Kennedy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reno, NV. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Kennedy is affiliated with Saint Marys Regional Medical Center. Dr. Kennedy has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harold L Kennedy has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Bleeding
- Colon Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Kennedy saved my wife's life, for she was suffering from Ulcerative Colitis (UC) for 18 months, and had one infusion of blood after another; and was severely undernourished and suffering from malnutrition because her small intestine had stopped working, from all of the trauma that was occurring in her colon. He immediately had her hospitalized and had her fed intravenously, along with several additional pints of blood, and 5 days later he performed the surgery that saved her life, for if her colon had perforated it would have caused a massive infection, that could have been fatal. In sum, he knew and did what he needed to do, before her UC led to colon cancer, and my wife and I will always be indebted to this wonderful individual and Surgeon for saving her life.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kennedy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1973
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Harold L Kennedy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestern Surgical Group, 75 Pringle Way Ste 1002, Reno, NV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harold L Kennedy in this video.
Dr. Harold L Kennedy is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Reno, NV.